Why Is Composition Roofing the Talk of The Town?
Contractors and homeowners alike are looking to composition roofs as an alternative to the costly roofing materials of years ago. The versatility of composition shingles, the savings and the variety of styles offered make these shingles a popular alternative. The fact that these roofing shingles are crafted by utilizing recycled material establishing composition roofing as a major component in the roofing industry today.
There are Three Classic Categories of Composition Shingles
Modern roofing today offers three types of recycled roofing that contractors use on new homes or for renovations. One of these shingles should be able to fulfill the unique needs of every contractor and homeowner.
- 3-Tab Shingles – This shingle is typically used in composition roofing thanks to their economical roofing systems and easy maintenance. The shingle’s one-layer appearance gives it a distinctive pattern of tabs which are crafted to give the appearance of 3 distinct tabs on the lower part of the shingle. They are used most often in residential neighborhoods. The manufacturer’s warranty usually offers 20, 25 or 30-years for these shingles.
- Laminate Shingles – Laminate shingles also go by the name of Dimensionals. They are becoming the standard composition shingles used. The Laminate Shingle has a second tabbed layer which is fused to the base shingle. The double thickness of the material used gives the home more protection. The manufacturer’s warranty for the Laminate Shingle is 30, 40 or 50 years.
- Architectural Shingles – For Top of the Line composition roofs, Architectural Shingles give a distinctive look to any home. For an amazingly strong roof, these shingles are designed in slabs and then laid on top of each other. These composition shingles are physically larger, thicker and heavier than the other available recycled shingles. Architectural Shingles come with a manufacturer’s warranty of 50-years to a Lifetime warranty.
Are you ready for your FREE custom project quote?
Does Composition Roof Cost Vary?
The existing market prices on a composition roofs depend on several different factors. Composition roof cost varies with the style of a home’s roof which includes:
- The height of the home whether it is a one-story or two; a steeper pitched roof will bring higher labor costs
- If reconstruction is needed due to water damage or rotten braces
- Removal of old roofing material
- Labor costs and additional materials required for the project
With any project, it is best to go into it with an open mind and knowledge. With the help of an experienced contractor, the homeowner will be able to choose the right recycled shingles for their project keeping the composition roof cost within budget.